• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What will I do next? How long will I wait? Is it perfect?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hightlyze - Posted March 23 2019 - 9:56 PM

Hightlyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Edited by Hightlyze, March 23 2019 - 9:57 PM.

i eat cars for breakfast everynight

#2 Offline Zeiss - Posted March 23 2019 - 10:17 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

It all depends on the queen.  I'm not sure if she is fully or semi-claustral.  She looks like she would be semi-claustral, meaning you will have to feed her every now and then.  Keep her in a dark place unless you need to take her out and feed her.  And I don't know what she eats, try testing hummingbird nectar (easily searchable online) or parts of dead insects.

• Hightlyze likes this

#3 Offline Hightlyze - Posted March 23 2019 - 10:18 PM

Hightlyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

It all depends on the queen.  I'm not sure if she is fully or semi-claustral.  She looks like she would be semi-claustral, meaning you will have to feed her every now and then.  Keep her in a dark place unless you need to take her out and feed her.  And I don't know what she eats, try testing hummingbird nectar (easily searchable online) or parts of dead insects.

Dead insects

#4 Offline Hightlyze - Posted March 23 2019 - 11:30 PM

Hightlyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I give it a silverfish

#5 Offline StayLoki - Posted March 29 2019 - 7:20 PM

StayLoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
You have to push the cotton plug down into into the water reservoir..
..just saying between this picture and your other grainy video of an ant running around on gravel rocks, you should put some serious effort into studying the very well done care pages on here. . I mean establishing water, understanding founding and knowing when to add an outworld should be understood BEFORE you take things from the wild.

This site is ment for serious keepers intended to share knowledge for successful husbandry and long term care.
@hightlyze stop spamming this site with bizarre stuff! I know they are just ants and we're all into them too!! But we ask questions before doing and share videos and journals WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GOOD.
Try doing the same. Slow down. Ask, then do. Learn from those more educated and with more experience and ultimately provide better care ❤
  • TennesseeAnts and Somethinghmm like this

#6 Offline Hightlyze - Posted March 29 2019 - 10:06 PM

Hightlyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

..just saying between this picture and your other grainy video of an ant running around on gravel rocks, you should put some serious effort into studying the very well done care pages on here. . I mean establishing water, understanding founding and knowing when to add an outworld should be understood BEFORE you take things from the wild.

This site is ment for serious keepers intended to share knowledge for successful husbandry and long term care.
@hightlyze stop spamming this site with bizarre stuff! I know they are just ants and we're all into them too!! But we ask questions before doing and share videos and journals WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GOOD.
Try doing the same. Slow down. Ask, then do. Learn from those more educated and with more experience and ultimately provide better care ❤

spamming? what the actual [censored]?

#7 Offline Hightlyze - Posted March 29 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hightlyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

what the [censored] is the point of being here if i don't ask [censored] questions?!?!?

#8 Offline Leo - Posted March 30 2019 - 1:11 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

To tell us what you found about an ant species and your experiences/progress. Sure, questions are fine. But you can make your own decisions and trial and error. No?

Your country is one of the regions where there is going to be queens every few months. So losing a few queens should be fine. Try something. If it works tell us. If your try many times and they all fail, then ask use what happened.

#9 Offline Serafine - Posted March 30 2019 - 2:47 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Please read these, they are good guides that should tell you most of the things you need to know (including some stuff Youtube ant videos don't tell you):

https://www.reddit.c...ping/wiki/index

https://www.reddit.c...s/foundingstage

https://www.reddit.c...guides/humidity

https://www.reddit.c...eginner_antfarm

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#10 Offline Rstheant - Posted March 30 2019 - 10:15 AM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Use the internet. Also, before you make any drastic changes to your ants’ habitats, read up on that species and their habitats. There’s a LOT of information out there, that’s really useful.

(y)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users