• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ants for Sale in Virginia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted March 14 2019 - 8:26 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWest Springfield, Fairfax County, VA, USA

Hey everyone! I live in Fairfax county, Va and I have a lot of ants for sale.

-Aphaenogaster fulva: $25 for 1 queen and 10 workers ($5 per extra 10 workers)

-Ponera pennsylvanicus. : $30 for 1 queen and 2 workers ($10 per extra queen/max is 5 queens)

-Prenolepis imparis: $50 for 1 queen and 5 workers ($5 per extra 10 workers)($40 per extra queen)

-Camponotus nova. , cast. , pennsylvanicus. : $35 for 1 queen and 2 workers ($5 per extra worker)

-Myrmica americana: $30 for a queen and brood

Special demands-(these all require some time to obtain so let me know what you want and I'll let you know when I have it)

-Stigmatomma pallipes: $100 for a queen and workers (they are rare)($200 per extra queen)

-Pheidole sp: $75 for a queen and workers and some soldiers 

-Strumigenys sp: $40 per colony ($5 per extra queen)

Other insects-(these are not commonly kept insects and most information on their care are unknown, I do know somewhat what to do with both of these if you're interested in keeping them) (This is only a December-April deal for the Baldheaded hornet queen)

-Common paper wasp queen: $25

-Bald headed hornet queen: $30

• ANTdrew and Chad0320 like this

-Haden Lee
Keeps:

NATIVE: Crematogaster sp -1 Monomorium minimum-1 Formica fusca-1  Stigmatomma pallipes-7

NON-NATIVE: Solenopsis invicta- 2 Atta texana-2-3

#2 Offline Rstheant - Posted March 14 2019 - 7:36 PM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
You sell wasps? That’s new. (y)
  • VenomousBeast likes this

#3 Online ANTdrew - Posted March 15 2019 - 4:36 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

I'm really tempted by the C. castanaeus...

• Ant_Dude2908 and VenomousBeast like this

"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25

#4 Offline Ant_Dude2908 - Posted March 15 2019 - 6:14 AM

Ant_Dude2908

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Of only I lived in Virginia...

My journals:                                             My shop:                                                                        Tennessee Anting Thread:                 

Aphaenogaster rudis

Aphaenogater tenneseenis                      Ant_Dude2908's Antkeeping Supply Shop                    Tennessee Anting Thread

Brachyponera chinesis

Camponotus subbarbatus

Camponotus chromaiodes

Crematogaster ashmeadi

Ants I've found (in TN) : Aphaenogaster rudis, Aphaenogaster tenneseenis, Brahcyponera chinesis, Camponotus subbarbatus, Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus pennsylvanicus, Camponotus snellingi, Crematogaster ashmeadi, Crematogaster lineolata, Crematogaster cerasi, all Temnothorax spp., Solenopsis invicta, Solenopsis xyloni, Stigmatomma pallipes, all Strumigenys spp.

#5 Offline Rstheant - Posted March 15 2019 - 2:29 PM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Funny story, I was doing a research topic on Jamestown, Virginia and then I saw this post.

#6 Offline Chad0320 - Posted April 23 2019 - 5:01 PM

Chad0320

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello! I'm interested in purchasing. Are they still available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users