• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Remedy for stings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Rstheant - Posted February 22 2019 - 12:41 PM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Hi, I created this thread for any remedies for ant-keepers who have been stung, and need a simple solution. Here is what I discovered today. I got stung AGAIN by my Solenopsis xyloni, and it was itching so bad. I put a slice of cucumber on it and couple minutes later some coconut oil. It immediately felt better.

If you want to contribute to this thread, please state what you have been stung by, and what remedy you found out. If you didn’t find a remedy, it’s A-okay. Some remedies may not work, or it may be for some genetic reason, but I would like to hear what you have to say.

#2 Offline FSTP - Posted February 22 2019 - 12:45 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

25mg of diphenhydramine P.O. for me, 50mg if its really bad 

As far as ants, been stung by S. invicta and P. californicus.

The Diphenhydramine worked great for all the syptoms.

Disclaimer: I'm by no means giving any medical advice. This is just what worked for me.

Edited by FSTP, February 22 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#3 Offline Rstheant - Posted February 22 2019 - 2:04 PM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Yeah it says that at the beginning.

Some remedies may not work, or it may be for some genetic reason, but I would like to hear what you have to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users