• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from Orlando FL!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Melmo703 - Posted December 25 2018 - 7:39 PM

Melmo703

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I’m new to ant keeping and trying to learn everything I can before getting started! Is there anything you wish you knew before you started?

#2 Offline WeatherAnt - Posted March 17 2019 - 5:25 PM

WeatherAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Welcome! One thing I think is important to know is that ant queens and young colonies die for literally no reason very often. It may take you a few tries before you have a successful colony...but don't give up! 

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted March 17 2019 - 5:58 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Another thing to know is that caring for a thriving ant colony is a huge commitment. You’re literally containing one of nature’s strongest forces in a box. Count the cost!
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users