• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New to Ant Keeping (Pensacola, Florida)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ZitoTheJonester - Posted December 17 2018 - 10:45 AM

ZitoTheJonester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, all!

I've recently started being interested in ant keeping, and I'm really excited to get involved.

I live in Pensacola, Florida, which is as close to Alabama as you can possibly get but still live in Florida. It's warm enough here that ants don't ever really go into true hibernation.

I don't have a colony or a queen yet, and am looking to acquire one, so don't be afraid to hit me up with an offer!

#2 Offline AntJohnny - Posted December 17 2018 - 11:09 AM

AntJohnny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMichigan Lower Pen.
This is a great place for ant keepers. I joined just a few months ago and have had the most help on the site. There is a buy and sell forum on this site too. One way to buy queen ants is through the GAN project. That how I purchased my first queen. And the guy I got the queen through is a member on this forum too. Also you can only buy queens from the state you live in. It is illegal moving queens across state borders. Good luck with your new hobby

Edited by AntJohnny, December 17 2018 - 11:10 AM.

#3 Offline AntsBC - Posted December 17 2018 - 11:27 AM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

There is actually another member on here from Pensacola, Aaron567.

My Active Journals:

Formica pacifica

Formica planipilis (Parasitic sp.)

Instagram // YouTube 

#4 Offline ZitoTheJonester - Posted December 17 2018 - 3:09 PM

ZitoTheJonester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's awesome! Maybe he can give me some tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users