• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Interesting discovery

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Offline brianhershey - Posted November 17 2018 - 3:29 PM

brianhershey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
What "misinformation" are you talking about?  Also, thanks for reminding me i'm a moderator. You broke rule 7.
. Post in legible, coherent English, without excessive use of emoticons, slang, chat acronyms, or instant messenger shorthand

The misinformation is that you are doubting the existence of a known US government program to permit the buying and selling of ants across state lines, as I already outlined in some detail. You obviously know nothing about it and have a problem believing others that have witnessed it first hand, even the owner of the forum that you moderate! omg. Now you are abusing your mod duties to say a normal sentence I wrote is excessive or illegible? Get off your power trip and do your job. I'll end my responses to this thread by saying you should do some research before spouting off and implying your members are lying.

#22 Offline T.C. - Posted November 17 2018 - 3:47 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

What "misinformation" are you talking about?  Also, thanks for reminding me i'm a moderator. You broke rule 7.
. Post in legible, coherent English, without excessive use of emoticons, slang, chat acronyms, or instant messenger shorthand

The misinformation is that you are doubting the existence of a known US government program to permit the buying and selling of ants across state lines, as I already outlined in some detail. You obviously know nothing about it and have a problem believing others that have witnessed it first hand, even the owner of the forum that you moderate! omg. Now you are abusing your mod duties to say a normal sentence I wrote is excessive or illegible? Get off your power trip and do your job. I'll end my responses to this thread by saying you should do some research before spouting off and implying your members are lying.

Haha, your funny. You completely misunderstood my first post. Drew said he was gonna post that permit a while ago, i was simply giving him sh*t over not doing it because he likes to procrastinate. I don't doubt drew has this permit. I may have already even seen it before in a private message. Who knows. I've been here a long time and knew drew since day one. I'm well aware he's not lying. Know this makes more sense, you just made assumptions from my post rather than asking for a clarification. Also, I actually don't care one way or another what people post here. But "lol" and "smh" is not correct grammar.
  • dermy likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#23 Offline dspdrew - Posted November 18 2018 - 12:03 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

This was a permit someone obtained to purchase ants from me to have on display at a museum in Arizona. After seeing the list of regulations that not only she would have to abide by, but the museum staff as well, at her responsibility, she decided to scrap the whole plan. She was told that she could face fines of up to 250,000 dollars if the regulations were not followed.

gallery_2_137_122908.jpg

gallery_2_137_135827.jpg

gallery_2_137_216466.jpg

gallery_2_137_107238.jpg

• Subverted, Canadian anter, T.C. and 1 other like this

#24 Offline Xanuri - Posted September 29 2019 - 12:39 PM

Xanuri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationApache Junction, Arizona