• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Queen ants for sale/trade. New York

located in long island

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline kingz2015 - Posted November 10 2018 - 10:21 AM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I caught a bunch of Lasius claviger queens and am wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing/trading. Located in New York

Edited by kingz2015, November 17 2018 - 6:29 PM.

#2 Offline OpenEnigma - Posted November 10 2018 - 12:32 PM

OpenEnigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL
I'm interested I'm in florida

#3 Offline FSTP - Posted November 10 2018 - 5:43 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

You need to update your profile with a your location to sale or trade. Also place your location in the title.

#4 Offline Major - Posted November 11 2018 - 10:21 AM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York

I'm interested I'm in florida

He doesn't live in your state, he can't trade w/ you.

#5 Offline kingz2015 - Posted November 17 2018 - 6:22 PM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I'm new to this, but I was told by someone that as long as the ants aren't invasive species then it was allowed?

#6 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted November 18 2018 - 4:25 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

Nope, for all intents and purposes ants can not cross state lines legally. 

#7 Offline FSTP - Posted November 18 2018 - 5:27 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

I'm new to this, but I was told by someone that as long as the ants aren't invasive species then it was allowed?

Technically you're wrong. Just because  a species isn't "invasive" doesn't mean you can ship or trade over state lines. The whole reason for not shipping/trading over state lines is so that species don't become invasive in the first place. If its native and non invasive is in one state and then you ship it to another that species has the potential to become invasive in its new state's environment. Also,  even though a species may be found in both states it is still illegal to ship or trade over state lines. Stupid I know, but the laws are not flexble or robust enough to allow for transport of a species based or dependent on location and known range rather then an arbitrary invisible line in which a state occurs.

So in summary you cannot ship or trade ants with anyone outside of your state, period. The only exception would be if you were granted a permit to do so. And good luck doing that as a casual hobbyist.

#8 Offline kingz2015 - Posted November 24 2018 - 7:13 PM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Oh okay thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users