Caught this queen after a big Messor flight took place. She was a solitary dealate, right next to sea shore.
I tried to identify it and got to Aphaenogaster subterranea?
1. Location of collection: Split, Croatia, Adriatic coast, on the steps of a caffe right on a sea coast
2. Date of collection: 8th October 2018, around 11am
3. Habitat of collection: Cliffy coast with agave, pines and shrubs
4. Length : 6mm
5. Coloration, hue, pattern and texture: honey-brown, hirsute yet shiny
6. Distinguishing characteristics : Prominent thorns on thorax. Hairy yet shiny.
7. Anything else distinctive: Layed an egg before hibernation.
8. Nest description : n/a.
9 . Post the clearest pictures possible: