• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Possible iOS Glitch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted July 18 2018 - 5:49 PM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
I’m noting that when attempting to post on an iOS device (iPad or iPhone) the toolbar doesn’t appear in the text box. I’ve tested this across two iPads and an iPhone all running iOS 11.4.1. The toolbar appears as expected when the site is accessed on a PC.

#2 Offline DaveJay - Posted July 18 2018 - 8:57 PM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
It's the same on my android phone, the text box is just that, a box to type in.
By sharply tapping on a comment the quote option pops up at the bottom of the comment but that's about all you can do on a phone I think.

#3 Offline Zeiss - Posted July 18 2018 - 9:04 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

It's the same on my android phone, the text box is just that, a box to type in.
By sharply tapping on a comment the quote option pops up at the bottom of the comment but that's about all you can do on a phone I think.

It works fine for me on my mobile device (android), give it that I use the full version of the site and use desktop mode in the browser options.  

I’m noting that when attempting to post on an iOS device (iPad or iPhone) the toolbar doesn’t appear in the text box. I’ve tested this across two iPads and an iPhone all running iOS 11.4.1. The toolbar appears as expected when the site is accessed on a PC.

Have you attempted to use the full/desktop version of the site?  

• dermy likes this

#4 Offline DaveJay - Posted July 18 2018 - 9:17 PM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Yeah, I just tried the desktop site, it just makes the text tiny but doesn't give me any extra options, it's just the same except greatly zoomed out.

#5 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted July 19 2018 - 7:17 AM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
Yes, I only use the full desktop version, still no toolbar. This might be something that just affects iOS but not android devices. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by ConcordAntman, July 19 2018 - 7:20 AM.

#6 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted August 10 2018 - 9:09 PM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

I am writing this post on a PC. I'm still seeing a rendering glitch across all my iOS devices (2 iPads and an iPhone) all running iOS 11.4.1. This glitch makes it impossible to access my gallery pictures when attempting to post with an iOS device, if you place the cursor in the text field, the toolbars do not appear (see below):

I am not using the mobile site on any of my iOS devices. Does anyone else have this issue? If I post from a PC, the toolbars appear as they should (see below):

#7 Offline DaveJay - Posted August 12 2018 - 9:57 PM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

I am writing this post on a PC. I'm still seeing a rendering glitch across all my iOS devices (2 iPads and an iPhone) all running iOS 11.4.1. This glitch makes it impossible to access my gallery pictures when attempting to post with an iOS device, if you place the cursor in the text field, the toolbars do not appear (see below):

I am not using the mobile site on any of my iOS devices. Does anyone else have this issue? If I post from a PC, the toolbars appear as they should (see below):

Yes, as I answered before, it is exactly the same situation using my android phone, so not just an iOS problem.
  • ConcordAntman likes this

#8 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted August 14 2018 - 5:43 PM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
Sooo, moderators, is there a fix for iOS and Android devices?

Pardon me for being an @$$, I’m new with only 36 posts. I’ve just been reading dspdrew’s posts to find that not only, is this site a one man operation, but that Drew has quite a few other irons in the fire. Damn man, you’re one prolific dude! When you have a chance, pass on a clue on how to access one’s gallery and post pictures using an iOS or Android device. In the meantime, THANKS FOR THIS SITE!

Edited by ConcordAntman, August 16 2018 - 1:10 PM.

#9 Offline Joehostile85 - Posted September 17 2018 - 5:31 AM

Joehostile85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
How to post embed pictures on the forums using a mobile device.

You can just manually type the bb code to embed a picture in the forums using mobile. I am on iOS, here is a picture embedded from imgur using the bb code. Make sure you copy the “direct link” option to embed.
(img)(/img) this is the bb code, but you need to change the curved brackets to square brackets. I can’t write the square brackets because then the bb code won’t show up in the post.

Or an even easier way if using imgur that I just read in another post. Just copy the “BBcode” link in imgur. Then you don’t have to manually write the bbcode yourself. This is probably the best way of embedding pictures using using a computer too because then you don’t have to click on the image icon and post the link in the BB code. It’s all done for you.

Fgud7KQ.jpg

Edited by Joehostile85, October 5 2018 - 4:48 AM.

• ConcordAntman likes this

#10 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted October 18 2018 - 9:10 AM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
Joehostile85,
I just saw this today so I’m testing it
gallery_3143_1270_511777.jpg
😲It’s cumbersome but it works! It would be simpler to have GUI in iOS and Android but I can work with this. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users