• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formica pallidefulva queens for sale, Illinois, US

formica pallidefulva queen sale

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline invjang - Posted August 22 2018 - 11:19 AM

invjang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have several formica pallidefulva quees with a few workers in test tubes.

If you want to buy, please let me know. Asking price is $30 per queen + shipping/handling cost.

Edited by invjang, August 22 2018 - 11:34 AM.

• Mettcollsuss likes this

#2 Offline EluTree - Posted September 24 2018 - 4:37 PM

EluTree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBelleville, Illinois
I’m in Illinois and would be very interested if still available. Where in Illinois are you located?

Edited by EluTree, September 24 2018 - 6:00 PM.

• Anthonygch1 likes this

#3 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted October 12 2018 - 6:22 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

I wish I could have them...  :(

#4 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted November 3 2019 - 1:16 PM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois
@invjang, please read forum rule 8. Thanks!

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#5 Offline AWP - Posted December 9 2019 - 1:24 PM

AWP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello. Would it be possible to buy some ants (not a queen, at this point) from someone on this forum? The mail-based standard route is out of the question because of the temperature. 

I live in Naperville and will be happy to drive to get them. 

Thanks. 

#6 Offline Mdrogun - Posted December 9 2019 - 11:15 PM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Hello. Would it be possible to buy some ants (not a queen, at this point) from someone on this forum? The mail-based standard route is out of the question because of the temperature. 

Thanks. 

Hey, how's it going! I also live in Naperville, haha  :lol: . Unfortunately, pretty much any local ants you buy this time of year are going to be hibernating, and thus won't do the digging I'm speculating that you want. The weather we've had is plenty warm for online ants. As long as it's like ~40F or above, they'll be fine. Even though the ants you order online are from a warmer climate than we have, they are still from an American climate, and have some level of cold resistance.

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#7 Offline AWP - Posted December 10 2019 - 10:40 AM

AWP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks. 

Hey, how's it going! I also live in Naperville, haha  :lol: . Unfortunately, pretty much any local ants you buy this time of year are going to be hibernating, and thus won't do the digging I'm speculating that you want. The weather we've had is plenty warm for online ants. As long as it's like ~40F or above, they'll be fine. Even though the ants you order online are from a warmer climate than we have, they are still from an American climate, and have some level of cold resistance.

Hey Mdrogun, and thanks for your response! Are you sure that it's warm enough to get them through the mail? The website says that their "arrive alive guarantee" is null and void lower than 40 and the highs from now until christmas are lots of 20s and 30s. 

I'd be willing to roll the dice on this if you think they could make it, but I'd hate for them to freeze to death needlessly. Is it really true that everyone who has an active indoor ant farm will have hybernating ants this time of year? There's no one around from whom I could buy a handful? 

Thanks for any advice you can give me. 

#8 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted December 22 2019 - 8:24 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Any native species, will need hibernation this time of year in Illinois, unless they are in reverse hibernation. You could still buy something, but the ants won’t do much of anything till spring,

Instagram          Journal           Shop

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formica, pallidefulva, queen, sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users