• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Young ant colonies for sale/trade New York

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline disasterants - Posted August 8 2018 - 11:48 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I would just like to let everyone know that I have a few young colonies which I would like to sell/trade:

- camponotus nearcticus queen: 2 workers, and some brood, caught outside my school on may 23rd, she now has 2 workers and some brood. they are kind of picky but enjoy eating fruit flies and jumping spiders (prekilled) and i have not tried to feed them much else since they usually just reject it. for their sugar source i have been using honey. 

Camponotus nearcticus journal:

http://www.formicult...cticus-journal/

- Camponotus Pensylvanicus queen: 7 workers and some brood. enjoy fruit flies, spiders, crickets (have not tried meal worms but pretty sure they would like those as well). i tried to feed them a grasshopper but they did not touch it. I will be starting a journal on them soon and when i do i will post it below. 

willing to trade both colonies for a colony of Formica species ants or pretty much any other species. if you have a colony that you are willing to trade, post the species below and roughly the size of the colony and i will probably be willing to trade you. 

I really don't want to post a price for either of the colonies yet but if you have an offer, reply below and i will think about it. 

#2 Offline kingz2015 - Posted November 19 2018 - 10:07 AM

kingz2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Hey do you still have any of these colonies for sale?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users