• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Feeding ants while on vacation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Superant33 - Posted July 10 2018 - 9:47 PM

Superant33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Have you ever worried about your ants starving while you were away for a few days? Don’t! I left my apartment and didn’t feed my pharos ants. I keep my Pharos in a 550 sq ft enclosure that resembles an apartment. All of my neighbors keep them too! The colony size for the Pharos is legion X infinity. Apparently while I was away they took the initiative to raid one of my carpenter ant colonies that I have had for 13 years. Every C. sayi ant was dead. Awesome!

#2 Offline KBant - Posted July 11 2018 - 1:41 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I was gone for a week and they killed my camponotus vicinus. They tried to get into my THA fortress but couldn’t, they also failed to get into my container store containers.
  • Superant33 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users