• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from BC Canada!

bc canada retail retailer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheAntCollective - Posted July 9 2018 - 6:15 PM

TheAntCollective

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBC Canada
Hello everyone!

Man where do i start?!
I started ant keeping roughly 2 years ago, all because of AntsCanada's amazing videos and info. Honestly i random stumbled upon his videos on day and have stooped since. Woke up one day and now here i am 2 years later keeping more and more ants every day... The wife loves it... lol

I got into this hobby and quickly went into 3d printing parts and fun accessories for my ants and friends with ant colonies. I however have never posted on here before but have read a great deal of info for id'ing etc. I'm excited to join the community and help bring positive vibes and contribute in anyway i can.

Since I've gotten more in depth in Anting, I've found that in Canada we lack the diversity of ant accessories or anything ant related Sooo i opened a Canadain retail website for everything ants (except the sale or trade of ants) from DIY kits to authentic nests like AntKitUK and TarHeelAnts!

For anyone reading this, maybe kindly direct me to a thread for retailers? The general market place doesnt seem right being its more for personal?

Thank you again and hope to be a contributor to this community!
  • LC3, Penguin, rbarreto and 1 other like this
Owner of www.theantcollective.ca
A Canadian retailer of everything Ant related.

#2 Offline AntsBC - Posted July 9 2018 - 7:31 PM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Hey man!

Great to see you here! The community is quite nice and I bet you will have a great time here. There are a few other people that live in BC here so you aren't the only British Columbian lol (not that that matters). I know there are a few people from the island so I bet you will be able to find some local guys that you can discuss fauna with.

Anyways welcome to Formiculture!

Edited by AntsBC, July 9 2018 - 7:32 PM.

• TheAntCollective likes this

My Active Journals:

Formica pacifica

Formica planipilis (Parasitic sp.)

Instagram // YouTube 

#3 Offline Russell - Posted July 9 2018 - 10:17 PM

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationVictoria Canada

Hello everyone!

Man where do i start?!
I started ant keeping roughly 2 years ago, all because of AntsCanada's amazing videos and info. Honestly i random stumbled upon his videos on day and have stooped since. Woke up one day and now here i am 2 years later keeping more and more ants every day... The wife loves it... lol

I got into this hobby and quickly went into 3d printing parts and fun accessories for my ants and friends with ant colonies. I however have never posted on here before but have read a great deal of info for id'ing etc. I'm excited to join the community and help bring positive vibes and contribute in anyway i can.

Since I've gotten more in depth in Anting, I've found that in Canada we lack the diversity of ant accessories or anything ant related Sooo i opened a Canadain retail website for everything ants (except the sale or trade of ants) from DIY kits to authentic nests like AntKitUK and TarHeelAnts!

For anyone reading this, maybe kindly direct me to a thread for retailers? The general market place doesnt seem right being its more for personal?

Thank you again and hope to be a contributor to this community!

Welcome and good to see another Canadian in BC joining the club. I am in Victoria BC and keep and sell a number of species. 

Camponotus Pennsylvanicus/Modus

Tetramorium sp. E

Formica Podzolica

Lasius Alienus

Lasius Niger

Formica Ravida 

#4 Offline LC3 - Posted July 9 2018 - 11:05 PM

LC3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada
Welcome to Formiculture :D
Greetings from the Vancouver area, unfortunately I don’t think we have a thread specifically dedicated to retailers or a list or vendors. You can contact people through PM though if you want to talk to them personally

#5 Offline Confrere - Posted July 10 2018 - 4:27 PM

Confrere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Hi there, and welcome. Getting back into ant keeping myself, I'd be interested in what you have for sale. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bc canada, retail, retailer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users