• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Video: Turtle Ants, Gut Microbes, & Citizen Science | An Interview w/ Dr. Corrie Moreau

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Miles - Posted June 13 2018 - 6:32 AM

Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationFlorida & Arizona

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share the The Ant Network's first video interview, where I sat down with Dr. Corrie Moreau to discuss ant research, outreach, and citizen science! Dr. Moreau is a myrmecologist, the Director of Integrative Research at The Field Museum in Chicago, and the incoming Martha N. and John C. Moser Professor of Arthropod Biosystematics and Biodiversity at Cornell University's Department of Entomology. Dr. Moreau, a student of legendary myrmecologist Dr. E.O. Wilson, has become a respected figure in the myrmecological community and is a pioneer in insect-related research in microbiology, evolution, and genomics. Additionally, she has been an outspoken advocate for women and minorities in science. Learn more about Dr. Moreau and her research at http://moreaulab.org

Video: https://www.youtube....9LAKRDraKw&t=1s

Edited by Miles, June 13 2018 - 6:37 AM.

• gcsnelling, ctantkeeper, LC3 and 3 others like this

PhD Student & NSF Graduate Research Fellow | University of Florida Dept. of Entomology & Nematology - Lucky Ant Lab 

Founder & Director of The Ant Network. Ant keeper since 2009. Insect ecologist and science communicator. He/Him.

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted June 13 2018 - 8:32 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Nice, I think I am subbed to you under my personal account.

Edit: Know I am

Edited by T.C., June 13 2018 - 8:34 AM.

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

#3 Offline Irishmate03112002 - Posted June 13 2018 - 8:42 AM

Irishmate03112002

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationClayton, CA
Nice video Miles.

#4 Offline Shifty189 - Posted June 13 2018 - 11:38 AM

Shifty189

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

very nice. how have i not known about your channel before now?

#5 Offline Miles - Posted June 13 2018 - 11:56 AM

Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

very nice. how have i not known about your channel before now?

Thank you! And probably because we are just getting started! Although The Ant Network has been under development for a handful of years, we are only just now making what we've been working on public! Albeit slowly during research/field season.

PhD Student & NSF Graduate Research Fellow | University of Florida Dept. of Entomology & Nematology - Lucky Ant Lab 

Founder & Director of The Ant Network. Ant keeper since 2009. Insect ecologist and science communicator. He/Him.

#6 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted June 13 2018 - 12:50 PM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

Great video, but any idea when we might be able to expect more regular content?

#7 Offline Miles - Posted June 13 2018 - 1:11 PM

Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Great video, but any idea when we might be able to expect more regular content?

Within a few weeks time (2-3). Unfortunately the combination of lots of travel for work and play with a busy field season here in Montana has made it hard for our team to move things along as quickly as we have hoped. Full steam ahead now, though! And, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users