• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Colobopsis Nuptial Flights?

colobopsis nuptial flight

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline DaTalpha - Posted May 26 2018 - 12:43 PM

DaTalpha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am quite interested in colobopsis ants in my area.

I would like to know if anybody has experience with when colobopsis queens fly, particularly colobopsis impressa, mississippiensis, obliqua, and pylartes, as these are the species that live in my area.

I would also like to know if anybody has any ideas on how to keep colobopsis.

They're so cute.

#2 Offline Samuelp.1 - Posted June 28 2019 - 11:02 AM

Samuelp.1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I've found a lot of C. impressa in the night, they like to go to the lights. Sadly i've never had one that laid eggs before, but something i noticed about them is that they are really bad at taking off their wings, the most of the times i see them trying to take their wings off but it never works so if they stay with their wings that probably doesn't mean that they're not fertile.

Species i'm Keeping:

Camponotus Floridanus, Camponotus Tortuganus, Brachymyrmex Obscurior, Unidentified species, Tetramorium Bicarinatum, Cyphomyrmex Rimosus,

Dorymyrmex Bureni, Hypoponera Sp, Pheidole navigans, Pheidole megacephala, Solenopsis Invicta, Cardiocondyla Venustula, Cardiocondyla Sp,

Cardiocondyla minutior.

Unidentified species of Termites.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colobopsis, nuptial flight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users