• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking To Buy Queen At Affordable Price (CA, San Diego County)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Offline thosaka - Posted March 11 2018 - 6:20 PM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Word of advice. Next time, Nurbs I suggest you don't tell people at what price to buy ants at when it clearly says "an affordable price." It's a big no no. Second, to the community, just for future reference, I'd stay out of people's conversation, because I am talking to him man to man. If you truly don't know the context of the situation, stay out of people's business.

I'll do you all a favor, and not return to this place.

Later

Edited by Tagassi, March 13 2018 - 5:18 AM.

#2 Offline nurbs - Posted March 11 2018 - 9:49 PM

nurbs

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Aren't you the same guy who made this post?  :lol:

http://www.formicult...t-to-ourselves/

In all seriousness, you won't find a healthy Myrmecocystus colony for under $30 here in SoCal. Not even close. They are generally more because of their high mortality rate, difficulty to rear, and are desirable because they make cool looking repletes.

If you want just a fertile queen for $30, the seller still has to be sure she is fertile by making sure the pupae eclose.

Hi to the Californians reading this,

I have not been on this forum a while. It is good to be back to see you all, and some new faces.

I am trying to buy queen ants to take care of for a more affordable price, since I have a responsibility for other bills I need to pay.

I am looking for any fertile myrmecocystus queen at somewhere around 30 dollars.

I am looking for any fertile queens that is medium to large that is not a fire ant or a huge pest at around 12 dollars.

I am looking to buy multiple queens, but I would like to research what you can offer to see if it suits me difficulty and preference wise.

I live in Vista, California within North San Diego County. I will drive up to 100 miles to your destination, whether it would be a coffee shop or your residence or in front of a grocery store. You name it.

• Gabraime, GeorgeK and KBant like this

Instagram:
nurbsants

YouTube

California Ants for Sale

Unidentified Myrmecocystus

https://www.formicul...ls-near-desert/

Undescribed "Modoc"

https://www.formicul...mp-ca-5-4-2017/

Camponotus or Colobopsis yogi:

https://www.formicul...a-ca-1-28-2018/

Camponotus us-ca02
https://www.formicul...onotus-us-ca02/

Unidentified Formica

https://www.formicul...l-ca-6-27-2020/

Pencil Case and Test Tube Formicariums
https://www.formicul...m-and-outworld/

Bloodworm Soup
https://www.formicul...bloodworm-soup/

#3 Offline thosaka - Posted March 11 2018 - 10:08 PM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Yes. If you read carefully, you will see that I am not referring to myself. I was talking about several other members on the forum acting like they were doing something humane. There’s a reason why I said “affordable.” If you are somehow offended I am going around your store to get the queens I need, that is sad. If I could afford your price, I would gladly pay for them, but because, I cannot at this time, I made this post. I do not need an explanation as to why myrmecocystus queens are higher in price. I already know. Thank you for ruining my post. Good bye.

#4 Offline T.C. - Posted March 11 2018 - 10:25 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Yes. If you read carefully, you will see that I am not referring to myself. I was talking about several other members on the forum acting like they were doing something humane. There’s a reason why I said “affordable.” If you are somehow offended I am going around your store to get the queens I need, that is sad. If I could afford your price, I would gladly pay for them, but because, I cannot at this time, I made this post. I do not need an explanation as to why myrmecocystus queens are higher in price. I already know. Thank you for ruining my post. Good bye.

Chill man, I was thinking the same thing as Nurbs and nobody was offended except for yourself. You've been informed that for that price, you won't get this species from anybody because there is people out there looking for them right now, who will pay a lot more.

#Chill

• nurbs and dermy like this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#5 Offline GeorgeK - Posted March 11 2018 - 11:56 PM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

Ay man, you loco...

#Chill

#6 Offline KBant - Posted March 12 2018 - 2:43 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Let's be honest. We don't fully respect ants. In fact, having any ant in captivity doesn't seem right. If we truly respect ants, whether they die today or tomorrow, they should be left in the wild, with complete "freedom." Let's all not depict ourselves as this "pure" innocent human beings, who haven't committed a single crime, minor or large, or any acts associated with immorality. I brought this topic up because of some other posts mentioned about doing the "right" thing, and it aches me for someone to paint themselves and make others paint themselves something they are not deep inside.

#7 Offline Hunter - Posted March 12 2018 - 5:11 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWaterboro Maine

tenor.gifcalm down he dosent know what you know :facepalm: , and I would say he help your post by a great amount because not everyone could know that.

Edited by Hunter, March 12 2018 - 5:17 AM.

#8 Offline KBant - Posted March 12 2018 - 8:20 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

tenor.gifcalm down he dosent know what you know :facepalm: , and I would say he help your post by a great amount because not everyone could know that.

I have no idea what you just said or what you are trying to say.
  • dspdrew and T.C. like this

#9 Offline Hunter - Posted March 12 2018 - 9:23 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

i was saying, why is he so mad when nurbs just tried to help you and give you information that you may or may not know.

#10 Offline thosaka - Posted March 12 2018 - 7:51 PM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

I don't know. I think Nurb's tone was f*ed up a bit. Clearly he was laughing at me because I am buying ants and he thought I was talking about myself when I posted a post couple months ago that it wasn't about me, but about someone else. I don't need to get laughed at from someone who doesn't understand what he's reading. I really don't need this drama from this community. Thanks all. Ayy man, you all loco. Chill~ Yeah, nice reply. You should chill too for writing that. I am happy as hell man. Don't ruin it :)

Edited by Tagassi, March 12 2018 - 7:54 PM.

#11 Offline thosaka - Posted March 12 2018 - 8:01 PM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Revised the post for you Nurbs.

#12 Offline Hunter - Posted March 13 2018 - 4:17 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

For starters you need to get off the soy milk and how was his tone F*ed up, the only thing he did unprofessionally is when he posted your post with a lol; He used a clear honest and responsible tone. You also just started more drama on here from your post for him to chill when you just had a aneurysm. (y)

Edited by Hunter, March 13 2018 - 4:20 AM.

#13 Offline thosaka - Posted March 13 2018 - 5:05 AM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Are you his bff or wife? You clearly don't seem to get it, even though I gave a thorough explanation. Good-bye. I don't have time for this drama.

I just found this: ***** don't kill my vibe.

Edited by Tagassi, March 13 2018 - 5:08 AM.

#14 Offline thosaka - Posted March 13 2018 - 5:22 AM

thosaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Word of advice. Next time, Nurbs I suggest you don't tell people at what price to buy ants at when it clearly says "an affordable price." It's a big no no. Second, to the community, just for future reference, I'd stay out of people's conversation, because I am talking to him man to man. If you truly don't know the context of the situation, stay out of people's business.

Later

#15 Offline Hunter - Posted March 13 2018 - 5:34 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

tenor.gif?itemid=5583470

• GeorgeK and ZllGGY like this

#16 Offline CallMeCraven - Posted March 13 2018 - 7:34 AM

CallMeCraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationElko, NV

Later

Thanks for the drama. Maybe learn to PM on your next forum for when you want to talk "man to man". Byyyyyyyeeeee.

• T.C. likes this

Current Colony:

4x Camponotus (hyatti?)

Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left.

-Aldo Leopold

#17 Offline T.C. - Posted March 13 2018 - 9:20 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

We all just know what we have seen here, which I am sure is all of it. If nurbs posting a link to a topic you created offended you, then you probably shouln't have made it. Only person who brought dramatics to this thread was yourself. I noticed you put this in one of your profile fields, "Won;t be back to this toxic forum. Please delete my account." Perhaps you should go cool off and then come back to read this thread again. You'll see who really brought the toxicity to the party.

Have a Good Day. :)

• dermy, Hunter and Will230145 like this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#18 Offline Hunter - Posted March 13 2018 - 9:30 AM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

We all just know what we have seen here, which I am sure is all of it. If nurbs posting a link to a topic you created offended you, then you probably shouln't have made it. Only person who brought dramatics to this thread was yourself. I noticed you put this in one of your profile fields, "Won;t be back to this toxic forum. Please delete my account." Perhaps you should go cool off and then come back to read this thread again. You'll see who really brought the toxicity to the party.

Have a Good Day. :)

perfectly said :ok:

#19 Offline KBant - Posted March 14 2018 - 2:25 AM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

tagassi, have you been taking your medication? 

First you say, "having any ant in captivity doesn't seem right. If we truly respect ants, whether they die today or tomorrow, they should be left in the wild, with complete 'freedom.'"

Then, you ask for ants at an affordable price? You just went against what you said prior. Multiple personalities perhaps?

If you can't afford the prices people are asking, go catch your own queen ant. Buy some test tubes off amazon for 10 bucks, cotton from the dollar store and drive within your 100 mile radius and catch your own. or better yet go dig up some argentine ants from your backyard, can't get any more affordable than that. 

giphy.gif

• Barristan and GeorgeK like this

#20 Offline Serafine - Posted March 14 2018 - 2:54 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Even in Europe where ants are pretty cheap and import/transport limitations are basically nonexistent you can only get super abundant species form the same continent (Europe in this case) for under 30€. As soon as you want anything that is special, rare, exotic or hard to raise it'll cost you at least 50€ (or up 250€).

In North America where supplies are very limited because ants can only be shipped/traded within state lines and no large ant shops exist prices can be expected to be a lot higher even for relatively abundant species. Rare ants that are hard to raise or popular due to specific traits (like having repletes or extremely huge workers or an exceptionally beautiful color scheme) will obviously be even more expensive. If you don't want to pay those prices you'll have to catch (and raise) the ants by yourself.

Edited by Serafine, March 14 2018 - 2:58 AM.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users