• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hibernating Cataglyphis?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline NikolaBale - Posted December 6 2017 - 2:25 PM

NikolaBale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Hey guys i live in south europe i have a cataglyhis nodus colony a queen and 2 workers i don't know if i need to hibernate them or not on some websites they say yes on some no so pls if someone  knows for sure i rly need the info.

Best regards Bye!

#2 Offline Serafine - Posted December 6 2017 - 3:19 PM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany
If you're not sure just leave them at room temperature (around 20°C).
Young ant colonies even from temperate regions often don't really hibernate during their first winter when kept at higher temperatures and it doesn't do them much harm.
Next year it will be a lot more obvious if your ants want to hibernate or not.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users