• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Prenolepis Imparis in Colorado?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline piratechef - Posted December 5 2017 - 11:18 PM

piratechef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFrontrange , Colorado

I just recently got back into ants and have been searching the web for a intresting species and discovered these crazy winter ants. I saw that they were native to my current Colorado residence but was unable to find anyone who had captured any, or anybody Gan or otherwise who i could get them from. My question is has anyone had any luck catching winter ants in colorado? Second if anyone has caught this species before any tips or areas i should keep an eye on? Thank you in advance

#2 Offline James C. Trager - Posted December 8 2017 - 1:48 PM

James C. Trager

Expert

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Prenolepis imparis is rather rare in Colorado, and is likely strongly associated with the oak species Quercus gambeli. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users