• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking to Buy Winter Ant Colony (Prenolepis imparis) in Greater NYC Area

prenolepis imparis buy sell marketplace new york winter winter ants

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline gmathews0714 - Posted November 19 2017 - 5:37 PM

gmathews0714

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBronx, NY

Hi, folks!

I'm new to ant keeping and I'm trying to find anyone who might be selling prenolepis imparis or similarly wintery ant colonies. For professional reasons, I don't get out much, so I wasn't able to search for queens when they were flying. 

I do have a car, so I can be anywhere within a reasonable distance pretty quickly and easily - no need to worry about weather conditions during transport.

If interested in selling, please respond here or email me at gjm357@nyu.edu ASAP with an offer price, the number of ants in the colony (guestimates are fine) and the setup you've got them in. 

Thanks!

Jack

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted November 19 2017 - 9:45 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

http://www.formicult...ts-for-sale-ny/

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

#3 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted November 19 2017 - 10:40 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

100% would recommend the link above. I got my prenolepis colony from Reevak. Good communication, shipped to me (legally within NY) and most importantly they all arrived alive. I don't know how much he has left, but as a seller I would buy from him again. 

#4 Offline gmathews0714 - Posted December 14 2017 - 9:59 AM

gmathews0714

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBronx, NY

Thanks! I checked the link above and wasn't able to arrange anything for the moment. Is anyone else looking to sell any ant colonies near NYC?

Thanks again,

Jack

Edited by gmathews0714, December 14 2017 - 9:59 AM.

#5 Offline Penguin - Posted December 14 2017 - 1:12 PM

Penguin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't recommend winter ants as a first colony. As I heard from other people on this forum they are hard to get past the 2nd year as they may not lay another batch of eggs after estivation and then slowly die out.

I'm here to learn, mostly. 

:hi:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prenolepis imparis, buy, sell, marketplace, new york, winter, winter ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users