• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

117 Colonies & Ant Farms Queens and Interposer

review queen interposer 117colonies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline cfreidsma - Posted September 4 2017 - 10:31 PM

cfreidsma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationZeeland, Michigan

Hi,

The beginning of the summer I ordered two queens and two interposer sets. All arrived perfectly fine. The following images are from about a month ago. This review ended up a bit delayed, oops  :blush:

The two queens are Camponotus pennsylvanicus and Crematogaster cerasi. I'm located in Michigan, so I could purchase queens ;)

rybY2x6ot-.jpg

ryMKne6oFZ.jpg

The queens and workers looked perfect in their little test tubes. There was a bit of mold in with the Crematogaster but that was removed and no longer an issue. So no issues with the ants :) They are enjoying honey water, sugar water, and fruit flies. 

The interposers are wonderful. They make it a lot easier to manage and feed the colonies before they get very large. The little feeders make it so you can leave them alone for a while longer than if you are using just a cotton swab dipped in honey water. They do work with different test tubes. For small glass ones, I put some rubber hose in the connector, and then into the test tube. For the larger plastic test tubes, you can just put the connector right in the tube. 

S1xhSgToYW.jpg

r1xtngaiFW.jpg

S1thx6iKZ.jpg

HyZu2gpsFW.jpg

I'm glad I ordered. There wasn't really any negative experiences with the order, and communication happened relatively quickly through Facebook. I ordered during the 117Colonies website renovation, and so I ended up with a question or to. Handling time was a little on the longer side, but nothing terrible. 

• Spamdy and lucas3431 like this

#2 Offline Loops117 - Posted September 5 2017 - 4:47 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Very nice review. Thank you!

I'll be sure to send extra caps with your next order, which should be shipping out very soon. Sorry about the delay on that btw. I know you've been waiting forever and i'll be sure to make up for the time. We've been running into some issues with our printers and have been troubleshooting since then. We started running some new prints on friday with the upgraded models and so far so good.

#3 Offline cfreidsma - Posted September 5 2017 - 9:24 AM

cfreidsma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationZeeland, Michigan

Very nice review. Thank you!

I'll be sure to send extra caps with your next order, which should be shipping out very soon. Sorry about the delay on that btw. I know you've been waiting forever and i'll be sure to make up for the time. We've been running into some issues with our printers and have been troubleshooting since then. We started running some new prints on friday with the upgraded models and so far so good.

Ya, I read the post about the printers. Got to love when technology decides to not be agreeable. Hope the new prints go well for you :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, queen, interposer, 117colonies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users