• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

⭐️ byFormica Antkeeping Accessories Now Available in Canada & Australia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 19 2017 - 8:28 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Following successful market testing the past few months, I'm pleased to officially announce the availability of byFormica antkeeping accessories in Canada and Australia. Brand new inventory of Fluon markers, Galileo liquid feeders, and Sunburst Ant Nectar foods were just received, and are now available in these markets—with more products to come!

Amazon.ca serves the Canadian market, and offers free shipping for orders over $35 CAD. (Not available right now)

Ant Keeping Depot serves the Australian Pacific-Oceania region and customers worldwide, with fast, local shipping.

Orders ship fast from local warehouses within each country, eliminating customs fees and delays. Customer service for orders is provided by the distributor in each country, with byFormica providing technical support and warranty replacements for products outside the merchant's return period.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us or reply to this thread.

Edited by drtrmiller, August 16 2018 - 8:16 AM.

• GXF, Major and DaveJay like this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline justanotheramy - Posted January 20 2020 - 1:35 AM

justanotheramy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Is there any way to purchase just the mini feeder bases? Or Mini bases with all 1mL glass?

I started out with a "Liquid Feeders — Mini" set (via Ant Keeping Depot, who have been lovely), but when I wanted more feeders I only needed the shorter glass vials so I bought the "Liquid Feeders — Micro" set and… it turns out my ants aren't fans of the narrower micro feeder base.

#3 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 20 2020 - 1:40 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

Is there any way to purchase just the mini feeder bases? Or Mini bases with all 1mL glass?

I started out with a "Liquid Feeders — Mini" set (via Ant Keeping Depot, who have been lovely), but when I wanted more feeders I only needed the shorter glass vials so I bought the "Liquid Feeders — Micro" set and… it turns out my ants aren't fans of the narrower micro feeder base.

The latest 4-piece sets include 4 Mini bases, 3 of the smallest vials, 2 mid-size vials, and 1 tall vial, which is almost exactly what you're looking for (everything shown in the photo below).

The 6-piece Mini sets on AKD also include 6 small vials and 6 tall vials so you can use whichever size you like.

We can sometimes accept custom orders if you're looking for a larger quantity.  Simply email your requirements to inside-sales@byformica.com

keE6Ztk5_o.jpg

Edited by drtrmiller, January 20 2020 - 2:09 AM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#4 Offline justanotheramy - Posted January 20 2020 - 2:20 AM

justanotheramy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

The glass is long-lasting, but the bases become brittle and crack after about 6 months (not a clomping, that's just the nature of the 2 materials) — sets of replacement bases might not be a bad idea for existing customers?

#5 Offline Serafine - Posted January 20 2020 - 2:51 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

Some of my feeders are in user for over 3 years now and none of them have become brittle.

The most loss was about 1mm of material from the outside ring of one of the old feeders, those had really thin base bottoms of less than 0.2mm thickness I doubt this would happen with the new ones.

Edited by Serafine, January 20 2020 - 2:51 AM.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#6 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 20 2020 - 2:57 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The glass is long-lasting, but the bases become brittle and crack after about 6 months (not a clomping, that's just the nature of the 2 materials) — sets of replacement bases might not be a bad idea for existing customers?

byFormica feeders carry a 1-year replacement warranty.

If the plastic bases become broken, please email us your order details, current shipping address, and a photo so we can see where the defect occurred, and we will replace your entire purchase at no cost to you.

Edited by drtrmiller, January 20 2020 - 2:58 AM.

• justanotheramy likes this

#7 Offline justanotheramy - Posted January 20 2020 - 3:14 AM

justanotheramy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I bought my Mini set in March last year, and by September one had broken — figured that was just the way the 3D printed plastic crumbles, as the same thing happened to the connection piece of the Aeacus nest I bought later in the year (and at least the feeder break didn't release any ants).
(mentioning nest not because it's your problem, just because same material — figured it was just what happened with 3D plastics)

Attached Images

• IMG_5243.jpeg

Edited by justanotheramy, January 20 2020 - 3:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users