• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Giving away Invicta Queens (Florida)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline super_oil - Posted April 9 2017 - 7:40 PM

super_oil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Currently I have six Invicta queens with egg to give away. I will update here how many makes it to the worker stage but If you're in Florida near St.johns county you can queue by leaving a comment and I will give the first queen with workers to you. I have never sold or given away any queens so please bare with me If I'm doing things wrong. If you're queuing for the queen giveaway please just make it clear in you're comment. Thanks!

mMMvBPm.jpgPicture of my queens in test tube setups 4/9

Update: Currently I have given away all these queens and I will not be giving away more for now however I will likely have ants such as dorymrymex or crematogaster for sale.

Edited by super_oil, May 28 2017 - 10:11 PM.

• T.C., Cindy and AntPhycho like this

Just a little boy that likes ants. I try my best to be mature and competent.

My Colonies

Camponotus floridanus

Crematogaster pinicola

#2 Offline AntswerMe - Posted April 22 2017 - 8:42 AM

AntswerMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida, United States of America
(Duval County) I have 15 S. invicta queens myself, and I've given up on selling mine as they are extremely common in the southern U.S.. Very few people would buy them as they could easily find them outside.

Edited by AntswerMe, April 26 2017 - 11:42 AM.

• JediPeaceFrog likes this

#3 Offline Civz - Posted April 22 2017 - 8:59 AM

Civz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Daaaaangiiit you live too faaaar xD

#4 Offline OpenEnigma - Posted October 5 2018 - 3:18 PM

OpenEnigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Hi

Do you guys have any queens for sale or to give away?

#5 Offline Zeiss - Posted October 5 2018 - 4:23 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

Hi

If you want to get queens through this forum, you have to put your location in your profile to comply with forum rules.  FYI, this is a highly invasive species and shouldn't be kept by new people, preferably killed in almost all situations.

#6 Offline OpenEnigma - Posted October 6 2018 - 7:46 AM

OpenEnigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Hi

If you want to get queens through this forum, you have to put your location in your profile to comply with forum rules.  FYI, this is a highly invasive species and shouldn't be kept by new people, preferably killed in almost all situations.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I'm new so didn't know. 

#7 Offline Zeiss - Posted October 6 2018 - 3:25 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Oh, ok. Thanks. I'm new so didn't know. 

No worries, glad I could help.

#8 Offline Melmo703 - Posted December 27 2018 - 9:52 AM

Melmo703

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Do you have any queens?

#9 Offline Canadian anter - Posted December 27 2018 - 12:01 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada
Wasn't this illegal? I mean drew was forced to kill his.
  • FSTP likes this
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#10 Offline Zeiss - Posted December 27 2018 - 3:27 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Wasn't this illegal? I mean drew was forced to kill his.

They're illegal to own in some counties, but others you can keep them as long as you don't transport them outside of the contaminated county you get them in.

Do you have any queens?

You have to post where you are located before you can buy/sell on this forum.

• FSTP likes this

#11 Offline wardharl - Posted July 24 2019 - 5:25 PM

wardharl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCocoa,Florida

Hey I am in Brevard County central FL, and I have seem to have missed the nuptial flights, I would love to get my hands on some/one of them.

#12 Online Manitobant - Posted July 24 2019 - 6:01 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Hey I am in Brevard County central FL, and I have seem to have missed the nuptial flights, I would love to get my hands on some/one of them.

unlike other ants, invicta actually fly throughout the year and always have alates in the nest. Just wait for a day after rain and you'll find tons walking around. I caught about 50 in one day while vacationing in Orlando

#13 Offline wardharl - Posted July 25 2019 - 9:28 AM

wardharl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCocoa,Florida
I use to remember that's been the case but they have been unusually absent in my area. Where they use to swarm they no longer do. And i had a friend who use to allow two huge mounds in his well hidden backyard to flourish but we checked them out and they have vanished. Our local publix use to have summer long swarms but i havent seen any. I did an all day adventure yesterday and found queens and nests of other speccies but no invicta. When do they stop swarming in central florida?

#14 Online Manitobant - Posted July 25 2019 - 12:00 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

I use to remember that's been the case but they have been unusually absent in my area. Where they use to swarm they no longer do. And i had a friend who use to allow two huge mounds in his well hidden backyard to flourish but we checked them out and they have vanished. Our local publix use to have summer long swarms but i havent seen any. I did an all day adventure yesterday and found queens and nests of other speccies but no invicta. When do they stop swarming in central florida?

that's odd as they normally swarm all year. In that case I would probably get a free one then.

#15 Offline wardharl - Posted July 25 2019 - 7:46 PM

wardharl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCocoa,Florida
Yeah its very unusual for here. Trying to get cheap or free invictas people have accidentally caught. It appears most don't like them but i love their size and decent polymorphism and not growing as slow as carpenters but also I'm new to this and i don't know if all that is exactly true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users