• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking for a queen in CT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline K21291 - Posted June 3 2019 - 11:17 AM

K21291

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all!

I am a beginner at keeping ants, but I've been doing research for the past year or so. I even tried the little kids Uncle Milton set just to see what it's like to have "pet" ants. And I absolutely loved it! I'm sure everyone on here appreciates how amazing ants are... I could watch them for hours on end.

I have most of the needed supplies already (I've always had bearded dragons growing up and have plenty of different size terrariums). I also have vials, clear PVC tubing etc.

Anyways, is there someone in CT that is willing to sell me a queen ant? I have been outside looking to catch a queen ant the past month, especially after it rains and I havent had any luck. I would buy a queen of any species, as they all seem fascinating to me in their own way.

I'm incredibly excited to join this community with you all! Thanks alot in advance!

Mike
  • rbarreto and ANTdrew like this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 3 2019 - 12:39 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I hope you can connect with someone, but don’t lose hope finding your own queens. Queen season is really just getting started, especially as far north as you are.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users