• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Want to purchase ant queens (Arizona)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline JayYi - Posted May 25 2019 - 12:33 AM

JayYi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPHX, Arizona

I'm at the Tempe, Arizona. I really want to buy some queens! So if you have any queen for sale in AZ. Please let me know!

#2 Offline Drehoopant3023 - Posted September 7 2019 - 12:51 PM

Drehoopant3023

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you found any

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted September 7 2019 - 6:05 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Although I'm not in Arizona, I can say that it should actually be very easy to find queens by yourself. You see, Arizona is the best state for antkeeping and has the most diversity in the country. Queens can be caught all year round under rocks, in pools or on the sidewalk. The southern fire ant, solenopsis xyloni, should be an extremely easy target as they have mass flights that happen throughout the year. This species is well known for its painful sting and unmatched growth speed and aggression. Good luck anting and welcome to formiculture!

Edited by Manitobant, September 7 2019 - 6:06 PM.

#4 Offline Jean - Posted September 13 2019 - 2:40 PM

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationArizona

I Live in Tucson. I have four Novomessor cockerelli queens - all have lain eggs and one has workers (I am keeping that one). I'd be happy to sell to you when a few workers eclose & I think that will be within the next week or two (?). If you are interested would be willing to meet you in Casa Grande or Oro Valley. Could go $50 per queen and am happy to keep you posted on their progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users