• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Is Anyone Willing to Sell Me Replacement Fungus?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 24 2019 - 7:11 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

I am currently raising a colony of Trachymyrmex septentrionalis, and their fungus is quickly running out, as I didn't keep it at a good enough temperature and humidity within the first hours of their capture. Because of this, workers are starting to die off, and I fear that many more will die if they cannot sustain the little fungus they have. They are not yet in their final formicarium, as I need grout in order to complete it, which I will be getting this weekend. What I need though for the ants is replacement fungus. I don't need too much, probably only a fist sized amount would be sufficient, and it could be from pretty much any species of Attine, as Trachymyrmex are known to farm a few different species of fungus, but not fungus from Cyphomyrmex as they farm a form of yeast. So if anyone owns Atta or Acromyrmex or Trachymyrmex and they are willing to send me some replacement fungus, please PM me and let me know.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#2 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted May 24 2019 - 9:40 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationButler, Butler County, Pennsylvania

I'm going out to find some Trachies today. If I find one I can sent you some fungi?

Keeps:

1:Pogonomymex occidentalis

4: Tetramorium immigrans

2 Reticulitermes flavipes

#3 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 24 2019 - 9:43 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

I'm going out to find some Trachies today. If I find one I can sent you some fungi?

Yes please! I would find a nest myself, but this nest I've collected is the only one I've ever seen besides those two nest I saw on Hilton Head Island.

Edited by CloudtheDinosaurKing, May 24 2019 - 9:44 AM.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#4 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted May 24 2019 - 9:47 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Alright! I'll let you know if I find some!!

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

Keeps:

#5 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 24 2019 - 9:49 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Alright! I'll let you know if I find some!!

Thank you so much!  :D

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#6 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted May 24 2019 - 9:53 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

No problem! I'm always willing to help another anter in need!

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

Keeps:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users