• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Does Camponotus novaeboracensis eat seeds?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Joehostile85 - Posted May 2 2019 - 4:40 AM

Joehostile85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I have a small colony of camponotus novaeboracensis. Last year when I got them I gave them assorted seeds as I do with all my new colonies to see if they will take them. Well they did take them, a lot of them and filled their test tube with seeds plus the tube connected to their outworld. The people who I’ve spoken with say camponotus don’t eat seeds. I’ve never seen them actually chewing on the seeds so if their not eating them why would they take so many and fill their tubes with them?
  • Mettcollsuss likes this

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted May 2 2019 - 4:59 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
Most likely just a substrate for them. :lol: Camponotus don't eat seeds.
  • Barristan and Mettcollsuss like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users