• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Would it be a good idea to get money from legit posts?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hunter - Posted November 20 2018 - 4:52 PM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWaterboro Maine

would it be a good idea to have it where you haft to be a member for 1-2 years, and make it so views give you 2-5 cents per view, and have more moderators to limit it, and then he will have 2x traffic. and to get the money for the post you can add small ads to the main screen. I think this is a good way to get this site going again

Edited by Hunter, November 20 2018 - 4:56 PM.

#2 Offline Hunter - Posted November 20 2018 - 4:58 PM

Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWaterboro Maine

and maybe bring the age down, THIS IS JUST A IDEA AND NEEDS TO BE TAMPERED WITH IT ITS TO WORK.

Edited by Hunter, November 20 2018 - 5:05 PM.

#3 Offline DaveJay - Posted November 20 2018 - 10:16 PM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
I can't see it working myself, who's providing the money?
I'm curious to know what you mean by bring the age down though.
  • GeorgeK and AntsBC like this

#4 Offline GeorgeK - Posted November 21 2018 - 10:31 AM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

Serb in me sees so many possible exploits of this, that I'm not even gonna start on that. Also, I already told you that that amount of money is impossible. It would also kill spirit of site and bring in people wanting money, as well as exploiters

• Enderz, AntsBC and DaveJay like this

#5 Offline Major - Posted November 21 2018 - 10:36 AM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
What's gonna stop me from bribing people to view my journal? Or view it myself over and over. Or create fake accounts to get views. Now you can't even view something for fun. I personally wouldn't do those things ( :wink: ) plenty of non-anters would come to the forum seeking money. Something I have learned through my life: most people will do anything for money. Then there would be title "click-bait". "My ant colony became self-aware and has enslaved my neighborhood! Help!" All that kind of AntsCanada crap.

Terrible idea, it would destroy this forum as we know it.

Edited by Major, November 21 2018 - 11:50 AM.

• GeorgeK and DaveJay like this

#6 Offline FSTP - Posted November 21 2018 - 11:03 AM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

would it be a good idea to have it where you haft to be a member for 1-2 years, and make it so views give you 2-5 cents per view, and have more moderators to limit it, and then he will have 2x traffic. and to get the money for the post you can add small ads to the main screen. I think this is a good way to get this site going again

No.

• Enderz, GeorgeK, TennesseeAnts and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users