• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Eggs not hatching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Djordje - Posted October 8 2018 - 6:27 AM

Djordje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSerbia,Smederevska Palanka

My lasius Niger queen have eggs for about 3 weeks and they didn't turn in larva. I don't know is she eating them or not. I keep her in dark place i check her every 1-2 weeks, so she is probalby not stressed. The temperature is about 22°c. I don't know what is happening.I need help!

#2 Offline KBant - Posted October 8 2018 - 2:20 PM

KBant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

get a heating cable and warm up on side of the nest, shoot for closer to 30 celsius. offer more protein as well, a cricket or worm they enjoy eating every 1-2 days will help big time! larva need protein for gainz. 

#3 Offline TheRealAntMan - Posted October 8 2018 - 3:54 PM

TheRealAntMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationChicago,IL

get a heating cable and warm up on side of the nest, shoot for closer to 30 celsius. offer more protein as well, a cricket or worm they enjoy eating every 1-2 days will help big time! larva need protein for gainz. 

Fully claustral queens in their founding stages don't need food. It's best to leave her alone for a good 2-3 weeks and let her be. It might be a hard wait but a rewarding result.

An ants' strength can be rivaled by few animals compared to their relative body size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users